#GTA VI Won’t be Set in Another Country, According to Rockstar's Dan Houser | #GTAVI

Where will GTA VI be set? Will it expand beyond America?


A game’s setting is very important in terms of both story and gameplay. And for the Grand Theft Auto series, it’s almost like a character in and of itself. To the extent that the location of each new game brings people a lot of intrigue. GTA VI is likely going to be announced this year or next, and some rumors have been popping up that it could take place in another country, like London. But Dan Houser of Rockstar Games noted to The Guardian that this wouldn’t happen for certain reasons:

“I think for us, my gut feeling is, GTA London was cool for the time, but games were more limited then. These days I think we would love to set a game in the UK, set in London, whatever, but I don’t know if it would be a GTA game. I think there are plenty of great stories we could tell about the UK, great environments to showcase, great gameplay mechanics that could have a UK bent to them – I just don’t think it would be a GTA necessarily.”

He added, “There are so many games we’d like to make that we just don’t have the bandwidth to make at the moment. But we always think, well the future is long and varied, and that’s what the future’s for. Speaking for myself – and normally I’d be as militant about saying ‘we’ as much as possible, because it certainly isn’t only me at all, thank god – but my own personal feeling is that GTA is America. With this game, I think, we’re very happy with the location. It let us do something iconic.”

So there you have it, the series will stay set in America. The news puts to rest that GTA 6 would be set in Tokyo. As for when the announcement will arrive? Hard to say. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Hopefully we'll receive word of Bully 2 (Canis Canem Edit 2) soon, too.

Comments