'#Ghostbusters' 2020 Teaser Trailer Materializes; '#Ghostbusters3' Rumored to Feature a Mixed-Gender Team of Teenagers

After yesterday’s HUGE announcement that Jason Reitman was set to direct a brand new Ghostbusters film set in the original universe, a teaser trailer has already appeared online!



Summer 2020... Who ya gonna call?!

GhostbustersNews.com has confirmed that this trailer is 100% official and confirmed directly from Sony Pictures.

Will the original Ghostbusters lend a hand in Jason Reitman’s upcoming sequel? Sony hasn’t confirmed anything yet, but Dan Aykroyd is already conversing with Reitman over social media.


Reitman reposted the teaser trailer about an hour ago:



Reitman added the caption:

“Everybody can relax, I found the car.”

Good ol’ Dan Aykroyd then commented on the post:



Aykroyd adding:

“If you need a tune-up, you know who to call.”

There’s no denying that Dan Aykroyd has been cheerleading for a Ghostbusters 3 since, well… Ghostbusters 2.

With today’s news of Jason Reitman getting set to direct a brand new Ghostbusters film, Hollywood Reporter has a few scoops on the talent behind the film and what we can expect from a new team.

It’s being said that Reitman “discreetly” co-wrote the script for the film with Gil Kenan, director of Monster House, with production set to begin this summer.

The project is said to have been under the secret codename of “Rust City”.

No official word as of yet if we’ll see any of the original actor’s return, but it’s reported that Reitman is looking for four teenagers to star in the film, two males and two females.

THR also mentioned that the film will feature a “passing of the torch” with regards to the franchise.

Keep your proton streams locked onto GakOid's Blog as more information becomes available!

Also from The Hollywood Reporter:

Dan Aykroyd Spoiled Secret 'Ghostbusters' Announcement Months Ago

The star told Dan Rather in November that a new film was in development, and that he planned on appearing in it.

The star told Dan Rather in November that a new film was in development, and that he planned on appearing in it.
News broke on Tuesday that a secret plan to make another Ghostbusters was in the works — but Dan Aykroyd actually let that cat out of the bag months ago and even shared some details.

While speaking on AXS TV's The Big Interview With Dan Rather in November, Aykroyd, who wrote and starred in the original Ghostbusters films of the 1980s, said the third film was in the works.

"I think we have a story that's going to work and it's being written right now by really good filmmakers. I can't say their names," Aykroyd told Rather at the time.

Well, it turns out that one of the writers, who will also direct the film, is Jason Reitman, the son of original Ghostbusters helmer Ivan Reitman. Gil Kenan, director of the animated movie Monster House, is also working on the script for the film, which is set to go into production this summer with an eye on a 2020 release.

"They're a good team and they are making an effort to bring back all the emotion and spirit of the first two movies and then take it into the 21st century with a vernacular that's needed today to get it across," Aykroyd told Rather.

The Sony project had been operating under the title "Rust City." A teaser trailer dropped Wednesday.

Sony is calling the new film “the next chapter in the original story,” which means the 2016 all-female team was a one-off. That reboot, directed by Paul Feig and starring Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones, was targeted by online trolls ahead of its release and eventually bombed at the box office.

Aykroyd told Rather in November that he thought that outcome was unfortunate, but he had issues with how the Feig film was made.

"Let me say this: The girls were really good and Paul Feig made a really good movie, and they are some great things in it and the girls are great in it. But I was mad at him because it cost too much," Aykroyd told Rather. "I don't want to slag a fellow artist, but had it cost a little less and had he listened to some of our suggestions on budget, then there might have been another girls movie and that would have been great."

Aykroyd noted that a third film (not a reboot) would have happened soon, but co-star Bill Murray did not want to come back to play the beloved Peter Venkman.

As for the new film, Reitman did not confirm nor deny if the original characters would appear in an interview published Tuesday by Entertainment Weekly.

But in November, Aykroyd told Rather he believed Murray would come back for the new film.

"The story is so good, he'll come, even if he plays a ghost," said the actor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Fun House" Theme Song

Dan Aykroyd Reveals '#Ghostbusters 3' is in the Works! | #Ghostbusters3 | #GhostbustersIII

Jason Reitman to Direct New '#Ghostbusters' Movie; New Animated GB Movie Also in the Works