Annie Potts comments on Ghostbusters: Afterlife Delay

OG Ghostbusters star Annie Potts has taken to social media to share her thoughts on the news that Ghostbusters: Afterlife would be delayed from its June 11th, 2021 release to November 11th, 2021.


"Release date postponed until Nov, 11 2021…
Though I’m sad the premiere is delayed, I am however thrilled they are insisting we all need to experience it TOGETHER back in a good ol fashion movie theatre. (I miss those days). It’ll be worth the wait, I promise! 😘👻 So let’s get vaccinated and stay masked so we can get back to going out and doing the things we love! 💕 #ghostbusters"

Potts, who played Janine Melnitz in the original 1984 comedy and its 1989 sequel, is reported to reprise her role in Afterlife.


To be honest, returning back to any kind of "normalcy" before November is very unlikely. Even if the movie is released in theaters then, not many people will be able to see it due to the on-going Covid health emergency. If the movie does get released in cinemas then, Sony should also release it on home media (Blu-ray, streaming) at the same time. As much as I love Ghostbusters, I'm not going to risk my life in seeing it in a crowed cinema.


Comments