Seth MacFarlane's New Deal with NBCUniversal Won’t Affect #FamilyGuy, #AmericanDad and #TheOrville

Seth MacFarlane is leaving his long time home at 20th Century Fox Television, with the Family Guy creator signing a huge $200 million five-year deal with NBCUniversal to produce television content for internal and external networks, in addition to the upcoming Peacock streaming service.


“Seth’s voice resonates across multiple demographics and mediums. We all admire his ability to create audacious commentary with bold, yet relatable, humor and I look forward to working with him behind and in front of the camera,” said NBCUniversal Content Studios chief Bonnie Hammer.

“”I am extremely honored to be partnering with Dawn Olmstead and the entire UCP team,” added MacFarlane. “My relationship with Universal predates this new chapter, and if my experience producing television with UCP is anything like the experience I’ve had producing films with the company, it will be an exciting and creatively fulfilling one for me and for Fuzzy Door. I’m especially inspired by all of the opportunities that NBCUniversal Content Studios has to offer with George and Bonnie at the helm.”

MacFarlane – whose deal with Fox expired last summer – went on to reveal that the deal with NBCUniversal allows him to continue working on his three current shows, adding that: “I will remain indebted to my good friend Dana Walden and the team at 20th for their collaborative partnership over the years, and I look forward to our continued work together on Family Guy, American Dad and The Orville.”

Original source: https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2020/01/seth-macfarlane-signs-200-million-deal-with-nbcuniversal-wont-affect-family-guy-american-dad-and-the-orville/

Comments