Sigourney Weaver has "no idea" about 'Ghostbusters 3'

From Digital Spy:
Sigourney Weaver has "no idea" about 'Ghostbusters 3'

Sigourney Weaver has cast doubt over whether a third Ghostbusters film will ever be made.

The actress, who portrayed Dana Barrett in both Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2, has said that she has yet to see a final script for the proposed sequel.

"I have yet to read the script," Weaver explained to Coming Soon this week. "I've had a couple of calls and I know they're rewriting and all I said was that I hope my [character's] son Oscar has grown up to be a Ghostbuster and Ivan Reitmand said yes.

"Beyond that, I have no idea," she added. "I hope it comes together, but we already did two wonderful films and, if we have to let this one go, that's fine."

Dan Ackroyd recently hinted that the new Ghostbusters film will be going ahead with or without Bill Murray's involvement.

The original Ghostbusters is returning to cinemas for Halloween to celebrate the launch of a digitally-restored edition of the classic comedy.

Also, according to Digital Spy, Sigourney Weaver has confirmed that she will have a role in James Cameron's upcoming Avatar sequel 'Avatar 2', which is due to begin filming sometime in 2012.

Comments