McKenna Grace Set To Return In 'Ghostbusters: Afterlife' Sequel, Says She’s ‘Excited’ To Reprise Her Role

In a new interview with ComicBook.com, while promoting her upcoming movie, A Friend of the Family, actor McKenna Grace was asked about her role in the announced follow-up to last year’s Ghostbusters: Afterlife, with the young star all-but confirming her return.


When talk of the sequel came up, Grace, who up to this point has only been assumed to reprise her role as Phoebe Spengler, granddaughter of Egon, with her involvement not yet made official, said:

“I’m constantly pressuring Jason Reitman, our director, I’m always trying to figure out what the story is. I literally have no ounce of a clue what the story is.”

Grace would go on to say that even if she knew something about the next Ghostbusters, she likely couldn’t say much, admitting:

“If I knew about a Marvel film or if I knew about Ghostbusters, I’d be sitting here, and I’d be like, ‘I have no clue, and it’s driving me nuts.’ I’m just excited to do a second one. I’m just excited to be Phoebe.”

Reported as per Production Weekly, filming of the next Ghostbusters is expected to take place next Spring, with the film currently slated for a December 20, 2023 release.

In a recent interview with Moviefone, fan favorite Ernie Hudson expressed his willingness to reprise the role of Winston Zeddemore, saying:

“I think (Winston’s) definitely tied into the whole Ghostbusters world. He’s a businessman now who has this international corporation, but I’ll always be a Ghostbuster. So, I think as long as there are ‘Ghostbusters’ movies, and Winston can put on the backpack and the jumpsuit still fits, we’ll see Winston involved.”

Original source: Ghostbusters News.

Comments