Ernie Hudson Reveals New Ghostbusters Game Is 'Definitely Happening,' Confirms His Involvement

A few months ago, it was revealed that game developer Illfonic was working on a new Ghostbusters video game. The news broke after the co-founder of Illfonic, Raphael Saadiq, was a special guest on the Questlove Supreme podcast, letting it slip that he was “currently working on Ghostbusters.”


This past weekend at the Celebrity Fan Fest in San Antonio, Texas, Ghostbusters star Ernie Hudson was a special guest. Attractions included a variety of Ghostbusters-themed happenings, such as an Afterlife screening and a Q&A, which unexpectedly gave us a bit more insight into the upcoming video game.
 
The information comes from the Countdown City Geeks YouTube channel, who’ve just uploaded the first part of Hudson’s panel, which I’d suggest watching in its entirely by clicking here.

When asked if he would take part in another Ghostbusters video game, Hudson said:

"I just got an e-mail, because we’re doing another video game. They’re scheduling it now to do the recording, and I’m not too sure who going to do it, I know me and Danny (Dan Aykroyd), I think. I’m not sure about Billy (Bill Murray) will do anything on it. So, there will be another video game.” Hudson added, “When they’ll bring it out, I don’t know, but it’s definitely happening.”

Hudson also talked about the approval process of his likeness, saying:

"They’ve been sending me prototypes of the character to get the image right, which they seem to have a hard time somehow creating my image. It’s so weird to me that they can get Bill Murray, and Dan Aykroyd, and Harold Ramis to look exactly like they look, but I end up looking like Eddie Murphy or somebody.”

When it comes to any further details surrounding the game, Hudson admitted that aside from his involvement, he doesn’t know much about the storyline or plot.

As mentioned above, if you’d like to watch the first part Ernie Hudson’s panel from Celebrity Fan Fest, it’s available thanks to those at the Countdown City Geeks YouTube channel.

Original source: Ghostbusters News; Lead image: Amazon.com.

Comments